BADC works with businesses wishing to expand or relocate their operations to the Barre area through an assessment of the facility, capital and labor needs to successfully achieve business objectives. This is accomplished through a discussion with key business personnel and includes gathering basic information regarding locations, physical facility requirements, hiring and training, and any capital needs that may be available through commercial or public lending, or private investment. All information is confidential unless disclosure is authorized by the business. The services provided are:
- Discussion of leasing versus purchasing.
- Consideration of new construction versus renovation.
- Scheduling a timeline from beginning of planning to occupancy and operations.
- Examining permitting requirements.
- Based on need, facilitating access to alternate forms of financial assistance.
- Determining whether any job training programs are applicable and available to the business.
- Coordinating meetings with public officials about the potential for tax stabilization.
- If requested, provide lists of professional service providers who can assist the business on matters related to business plans, real estate acquisition, leases, entity incorporation, marketing, accounting and finance and architectural and engineering services.
Businesses that are expanding or relocating are already successful, and thus are likely to be advanced in their plans, and are usually looking for information regarding available space or real estate that can be developed. To expedite the process of gathering information, please fill out and submit this form:
All other information requests should be directed to Joel Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (802) 476-0660