BADC Can Help Existing Businesses
Existing businesses have diverse needs and often don't have the time to navigate the menu of services and programs that may be able to contribute to their growth and success. To that end, BADC is prepared to step-in to:
- Assist local business owners by providing or arranging business advisory services, technical assistance, operational evaluation, financial analysis, employee training and other areas that will enable existing businesses to improve their success, including profitability.
- Serve as a point of contact for those requiring information or needing support regarding economic development in Barre, Vermont.
- Identify property for lease or sale to meet specific business needs.
- Serve as a liaison to maintain confidentiality for existing and potential new businesses with expansion, relocation and financing plans.
- Contribute to other business development efforts and community initiatives that benefit businesses such as the Barre Partnership's Main Street program.
- Assist City and Town officials in their efforts to be "business friendly" by implementing any economic development grants, revolving loan funds or other funding mechanisms that may be obtained or established.
- Collaborate with the various economic development and planning organizations, including the Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation (CVEDC), regional and local planning commissions, and the State of Vermont's Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD). To access the Agency's programs go to its web portal.
To know what else is available, check out BADC's Resources page.